Hello GIS Studio followers! Wordpress tells me there are 200 of you? Seriously? Well let’s put that power to work.
I am creating a new half day workshop designed to cover intermediate python topics – as they relate to GIS tasks.
Here’s an outline of the topics so far
- Setting up a code template with built in tools to get you up and coding faster
- A peek inside a more powerful IDE editor and why you would want to use it.
- Using GIT – what is it (revision control software) and how to set yours up
- A look behind the scenes at task automation with Python – what powers a local government every evening for GIS cleanup
- Advanced ODBC / arcpy data access module connection strings
- How to use ST_Geometry in your queries to run spatial queries without ArcMap
- Zipping files in python
- Logging to a text file or SQL database
What is missing? What would you all like to get out of an intermediate class?
It will be lecture format half day – unless we generate a long list and then maybe we will shoot for an all day class!